Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OCTOBER NEWSLETTER 2008

Living Word

Christian Fellowship

“That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving...” Psalm 26:7

Vol. 17, No. 10 October 2008


Sometimes I think I have the worse job in the world. And then sometimes I think I have the best. I guess it is all in how you look at life. It changes as God continues to stay involved in all I am and all I do. This thing about continually acknowledging Him in all I do really is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don’t feel stupid any longer. I don’t feel like I am going through life hardly making it. I have a confidence that what I do makes a difference and that God is pleased with me. Now that does not come overnight. It comes by continually seeking His face and letting Him rule. The more He rules, the freer I become and the more joy that comes forth.
The Lord has been very gracious to me. I have lost much that I used to have, but the Lord has replaced it all with the eternal things that make the difference. This level of maturity in the Spirit makes me walk on air. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I still have my moments, but they sure don’t last as long. God’s ways are the only way that bring us into His perfect order of life. And I am one that is glad I said yes to the Lord!
“FOR THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!”
In Christ,

Pr. Steve

Bound To Jesus


Rev 18:3 “For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.”
We are in the battle of our lives today. Most people do not want to accept this truth, but continue to ignore the reality of our generation. The war of the ages is on the horizon. And those who are discerning are seeing the lives of men being thrown away like garbage. This verse tells us that the souls of men are becoming merchandise. Without the discernment of the Spirit of God we are trash to the enemy and he wants to destroy us. The mystery of iniquity is maturing and if we do not bind ourselves to Jesus Christ – spirit, soul and body - we will pay a price that has never been thought possible. IT IS THE POWER OF AGREEMENT THAT MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO WALK IN PEACE AND PROTECTION WITHOUT FEAR, IF THAT AGREEMENT IS IN THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.
Amo 3:3 “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?”
Husbands must be in agreement with wives. Children must be in agreement with those in authority over them. Workers must be in agreement with bosses. Church members must be in agreement with the Truth of God’s Word if we are to be victorious. [There was a time when everyone in the church had an assigned prayer partner. I don’t believe in that because there is much power when two people begin to pray – even if it is in the flesh. I want to pray with someone who will agree with the Spirit of God, not someone who will pray based on emotions, opinions or legalistic judgments.] We have to pray God’s will!
God has been in the process of healing us of our issues, our unmet needs and our unresolved anger. We are not to be co-dependent on the power of the flesh to feed our wounds. So we are learning how to let go of our experiences of life that bring us much pain, and are allowing Christ in us to change how we feel about them.
If you have not come to this place, then you need to pray some prayers of repentance for harboring ill thoughts that keep you from being healed emotionally and spiritually. And then bind yourself to the love of God with much mercy and reach out in agreement with someone in the Spirit for deliverance, knowing His grace is sufficient for you.
One of the major reasons the Lord wants us healed is so we can reach out and touch others in the power of the Spirit. Then we, like Jesus, will be touched by the feelings of our infirmities. If we are truly like Him, then why aren’t we touched with the feelings of people who are hurt? God has put us in contact with one another. We should be discerning their feelings, their hurts and their weaknesses so we can encourage and edify them until they are healed.
Why don’t we do that? Because we are not bound to Jesus! We are not allowing His Spirit to reach out to loose every stronghold that exists in those we love and know. It is not a matter of power. We have that. It is a matter of caring for them the way Jesus cares for us. If you have never experienced His freedom, His touch and His love, you can’t know this. But we have!!!
Psa 18:32-36 “[It is] God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. (33) He maketh my feet like hinds' [feet], and setteth me upon my high places. (34) He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. (35) Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. (36) Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.”
Doesn’t this sound like someone who has experienced the power of God? It will take the church who is alive in Jesus Christ to reach out!
Jud 1:21-22 “Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. (22) And of some have compassion, making a difference:”
Here is a lie: “People don’t want to be helped.” How will you know if you don’t reach out and ask? We have been given the power of binding and loosing if we are in agreement with the Spirit of God. The reason people don’t want to be helped is that they are not in their right minds. Remember, the enemy is using their soul for merchandise. They are filled with confusion, guilt, unbelief, anger, depression, deception and any other form of torment that manipulates and controls the mind, will and emotions.
What is a right mind? How do you know if you have one?
· Acts 17:11 – receives the Word and its promises with all readiness
· Romans 7:25 – is ready to serve God by the law of the Spirit with a grateful heart
· Romans 12:2 – is a renewed mind capable of being changed
· 2 Cor. 8:12,19 – has a willing and ready mind to do God’s will
· 2 Timothy 1:7 – has a sound mind (disciplined, trained, self-controlled)
· Ephesians 4:23 – renewed = to be able to understand what God is saying & doing
· Phil.2:5 – the same mind (attitude) as Christ Jesus – one that is in unity with the Father
THIS IS WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT MIND. In this battle, we are continually fighting against our thoughts that weaken us. Let us remember what God’s Word says and realize that in this battle our minds are bound to Christ’s and His mind-set is that of STRENGTH and DETERMINATION. In order to walk in this strength, we have to be willing to give up our own wrong patterns of thinking and sinful attitudes.
2Co 4:4 “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not…”
Are you blind in your mind’s eye? Then it is only because you do not believe His report.
How do you help someone who is not receiving? Begin to bind them to Jesus so they can understand, so they can hear, so they can repent, so the blood of Jesus can cleanse them. Bind them to mercy and grace and forgiveness and the cross. Loose, crush, destroy the lies and deception that have them gripped in the powers of darkness that make merchandise of their souls.
2Ti 2:1-3 “Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. (2) And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. (3) Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
Who is willing to be committed to the Lord so that others can be set free? Who is willing to pray for the deliverance of those caught in the trap of Satanic and fleshly traps?
Although everyone experiences difficult times, we all face these challenges differently. But we know the power of praying by the Spirit of Truth so people can find relief, peace, faith, and grace to make choices to live for the Lord in this fullness of time.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE BOUND TO JESUS:
1. Put on the mind of Christ. When you do, the battle that begins to rage is a good sign.
2. Pray the blood of protection over the life you are praying for. Instead of a battle of the mind, you will begin to discover the power of the blood, a power that will stay with you.
3. Then you can bind your walk, your worship, your warfare, your work all to the Word of Truth to be strengthened with might by the power of the cross.
Mat 18:19 “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”

-Pr. Steve


I am going to be sharing with you thoughts from my journal over the past few years. This is to show you how the Lord has brought about His Word in my life to minister to you and to show you how real this walk can be. Please read and understand by the Spirit about ...

. . . My calling as a pastor


Pastor’s Journal 2007
Oct. 1: “Total and complete abandonment is what I have brought you to. In this you will experience My fullness like never before. All your questions and concerns will be answered with the awareness that I am ruling according to My Word to you. All is done according to My will.”
Oct. 4: “Continue to show Me as holy by simple obedience to My Word. You teach My Word and the rain will fall and the blessing of My refreshing will satisfy enough to bring people into My cleansing power. You are approved and filled with My blessing.”
Oct. 9: The seed of God’s Word will only remain when it is sown into a good and honest heart. This is the body of believers that will persevere through difficult and challenging times.
Oct. 11: The happiest people on earth are not the wealthy or prosperous but those who are poor in spirit, who mourn, the meek, the merciful, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the pure in heart and the peacemakers.
Oct. 18: “There is a prevailing peace that surrounds you. My presence is continually guiding you and comforting you in the beauty of holiness and purity. You shall have My Word in power and demonstration. The cross is with you and you follow Me where I am and in what I do. You seek Me for the will of our Father and it is being accomplished. The blessing is upon the people to teach and be trained in godliness for the glory to arise upon them and My light to shine.”
Oct. 27: Many judgments are taking place today. As believers we must be able to identify, clarify and even speak of them for people to respond. It is part of Trumpets. It will cause people to hate us when things come to pass, but it is God’s way from time to time.
Oct. 30: “You have been with Me in the high realms of glory. You have found rest and refreshing and continued to see the unrest in the people. Now you will come closer to them and experience first-hand once again the agony. You have grown in Me and are experiencing more without being moved. Continue to rejoice through it all and know I am just as close as ever. My decisions are with you to give you an expected end.”

Selah


"Let me learn by paradox
that the way down is the way up,
that to be low is to be high,
that the broken heart is the healed heart, that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit, that the repenting soul is the victorious soul, that to have nothing is to possess all, that to bear the cross is to wear the crown, that to give is to receive, that the valley is the place of vision."

-Puritan prayers

“When we become too glib in prayer we are most surely talking to ourselves."

- A. W. Tozer

"Some people read their Bible in Hebrew, some in Greek; I like to read mine in the Holy Ghost."

- Smith Wigglesworth

"Worship renews the spirit as sleep renews the body."

Loving God


Son 1:4 (KJV) “Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.”
The Song of Solomon has come to be known as the greatest song ever written. It is a song that is to be experienced rather than sung. That song begins with the discovery of how much God loves us, and it progresses with the many circumstances that God allows in our lives to cause us to know and love Him. God has demonstrated His love towards us by giving unto us the greatest parts of Himself, His Son and His Spirit; and although we cannot physically see them, they are always with those who will seek and serve Him. 1Jo 4:8-9 (KJV) “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.”
As we follow after the leading of God’s Spirit, by adhering to His words, we will grow in His love and have fellowship with Him. The most common temptation is to have God on human terms; that is to walk in the flesh while trying to add God in when we need Him. The very nature of the flesh, to get everything that it wants, results in evil and destruction. The very nature of Gods Spirit and His word is love, which brings forth life and blessings. It should be apparent that serving God is the total opposite of serving the flesh nature, but some people try to live as if the two are one. According to the word of God, it is obvious that the choice is actually between life and death.
Joh 14:21 (KJV) “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”
We have the undeserved opportunity to know God and to grow into His loving nature, but the choice is ours. If we follow Him and keep His ways, forsaking our own, He will manifest Himself to us. Those manifestations are glorious as they keep us through every trial, every temptation, and every tribulation; and as they reveal that we are the sons of God.
Rom 8:18-19 (KJV) “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.”
Those who do not personally know God will be affected by the revelation of His sons and daughters. If you were to ask someone who has never been born again if he believes it is right to do wrong, he will tell you it is not, because the very words (right & wrong) themselves are total opposites. But just having this knowledge will not change this person’s nature. Each person needs to hear and see that loving God is the only way to true life.
Mat 5:14-16 (KJV) “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. (15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. (16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

-Kurt Thurston




No comments:

Post a Comment